Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Nadal is not afraid of failure in Australia

The finalist from the last year, Rafael Nadal said that he is ready for the start of the season`s first Grand Slam - Australian Open. The Spaniard missed most of the last six months, in which he recovered sequentially from wrist injury and surgery of appendicitis.

On Wednesday, Rafa took part in the exhibition show match with Mark Philippoussis and Fernando Verdasco and made a great show at the repaired "Margaret Court Arena," which this year has mounted roof.

"I came back, I`m completely healthy, but it is difficult to show the highest level after such injuries," said Nadal. The Spaniard started the season with a surprise defeat in the first round of the tournament in Doha. In the same tournament, he managed to win the doubles title with his partner Juan Monaco.

"To start the season with a title, even in doubles is a great feeling. When I dropped out early from the singles, featuring in couples is a good way to stay in the tournament. The feeling of victory is always nice and brings positivism, "said the winner of 14 Grand Slam titles. Before arriving in Doha, Nadal had played only 8 games single after Wimbledon 2014.

"This week was important for me, because I went back to the tournaments after a long pause. Lost in the first round, but the battle were equal and I had my chances to win. I`m not afraid of failure in Australia. I train hard to be in shape and to show good tennis. If doesn`t happen in Australia, I will try to be ready for Rio, then to Buenos Aires, Indian Wells and Miami", says Nadal.

No comments:

Post a Comment