Saturday, March 21, 2015

Jankovic and Halep will fight for the title

The third placed Simona Halep and the No18 in the scheme Jelena Jankovic will meet in the final on Sunday in the Tournament of category "Prime binding" in Indian Wells.

The Romanian qualified without a game after that the world number one Serena Williams came out on the court in jeans and explained that she get an injury.

"I was training on the court and everything was fine, but literally two minutes before the end of the activity set I began to serve and felt a sharp pain in the knee. I served again and it cut me again. I get a review of doctor; I get an injection that happens to me for the first time. If it was another tournament, maybe I would not be agreeing to put injection. I wanted to give 200% of myself, but it will not be this year, "said the American.

The forecasts predicted by sure bet of the doctors were, however, that the injury is not too serious and Williams hopes to be able to play the tournament in Miami next week.

In the played semi-final Jelena Jankovic beat No24 Sabine Lisicki from Germany after 3:6, 6:3, 6:1 and for the second time reached the title match, which she has won in 2010.

The German broke in the opening game and then took the first set. In the second she twice led with breakthrough, but after 3:2, the Serbian prevailed and to end of the match gave to Lisicki just one more game.

"I fought hard, I didn`t deliver and I was playing for each point. The turn in the second set came when I began to achieve winners from backhand. It restored my confidence. I am happy that I am back in the final here," said the former world number one Jankovic in the interview on the court.

Simona Halep leads with 3-1 wins in the clash of the Balkan tennis stars. The last time both played in the Australian Open in 2014, when the Rumanian dominated with 6:4, 2:6, 6:0.

No comments:

Post a Comment